Heather Vreeland | Business & Bright Ideas

Just common-sense solutions for your small business in the 21st century. You don't have to be a genius to take your business to the next level, but you might have to grasp the idea that it may not be the market, rather your marketing, that's got you stuck in a rut.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Heather 2.0

I'm turning over a new leaf, launching a new version of myself, morphing this blog into a soapbox of sorts (still with all the great marketing advice, plus more) and rearranging how I function on a daily basis.

Heather 2.0 comes with all the great features of Heather 1.9 but with greater control, discipline and work/life boundaries to help the entrepreneurial extraordinaire build her media empire while not destroying her personal life. ;-)

Features you'll grow to love with Heather 2.0:
  • Limited Business Hours :: I have a tendency to be open & available 24/7. Which makes me feel like I never catch a break. Not good. The 2.o update includes scheduling my time, clocking in and clocking out, sending the phones to voicemail after hours and turning the auto-responder on until I return.
  • Structured Schedule :: no more flying by the seat of my pants. Office days, meeting days, limited social networking. FAMILY time.
  • Inbox Zero :: Process my email to ZERO each time I check it. Which means, I won't be checking my email every 5 seconds, rather select times a day that I can dedicate my time and attention and process them, instead of scan. Delete, delegate, archive, respond, defer.
  • Business Blog :: Marketing and advertising are my passion, but along with that comes a whirlwind of ideas and advice that may not necessarily fall into those categories. So, although, I do still believe that "advertising makes the world go 'round," I'll be including other topics too.
  • Funneling the avenues in which I can be reached :: I love Twitter and Facebook, but I can't manage those inboxes in addition to my email. So, if you follow or friend me, try to contact me at heather@atlantaoccasions.com if you want to talk biz. I use my social networks primarily for business, but not necessarily as a point-of-contact. You'll get a quicker response from me if you reach out via email.
That's the gist of it for now. There's bound to be bugs and hiccups. I'm hoping, posting it for the whole-wide-world to see, just might help me be more disciplined and follow through.

Happy New Year! ;-)

By the way, I totally stole the phrase "Heather 2.0" from my friend Ben Vigil. ;-)

7 comments:

Lindsay Pitt, CSEP said...

Awesome! I have the same 24-7 problem/issues. I'm going to try some of your tips!

Trina Simmons said...

Wonderful tips! I am going to try to follow some them. :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Heather!

Not so fabulous that you'll probably be at version 4 before I get to 2.3 :)

Your friend, Ben

Unknown said...

That Sean Low workshop really put some pep in our step, didn't it! Happy 2010 Ms. 2.0!

Joel Of Lethal Rhythms said...

Excellent Heather!
I have been working Inbox Zero since you first brought it up - and we are just about there!

Looking forward to a SUPER Twenty Ten!

Luxe Expressions said...

Wonderful Blog Heather. Looking forward to following it. Keep it up! :)

Madame Monogram said...

Very well said! I am going to try the zero inbox for myself!