Heather Vreeland | Business & Bright Ideas

Just common-sense solutions for your small business in the 21st century. You don't have to be a genius to take your business to the next level, but you might have to grasp the idea that it may not be the market, rather your marketing, that's got you stuck in a rut.

Friday, September 5, 2008

An Unconventional Business Booster

I have a confession.....I took a nap at 3:30 in the afternoon today. I slept until 7pm! Now your probably asking WTF does this have to do with "boosting your business"? I'll admit -- nothing directly, but indirectly.....shutting my brain off for a period of time gave me just the right amount of clarity, REST and a tad bit of rejuvenation that I needed to tackle some tough issues.....

Not to sound like a commerical for a SPA or anything but, a break might just be the thing you need to come up with the next brilliant plan for your business. When your time is not spent racking your brain over the troubling issues being a business owner can bring, you allow yourself time to enjoy the clear blue sky that we were blessed with today and I'll bet your subconscious will somehow make things seem a bit clearer.

If most of you business owners are like me, weekends and working dream days from 9am-5pm DO NOT EXIST! So my challenge for you this weekend -- push yourself away from the desk and look outside of the task at hand. You just might find what your looking for and you'll come back to work on Monday morning with a full tank of gas... metaphorically of course!

No comments: